BIND9 New Feature Train
August release planned
We are preparing the first new major feature release in 2 1/2 years. The Alpha version is now feature complete and ready for you to download and test. Please do not run alpha software in any critical production capacity.
Major new features in BIND 9.11.0
- Catalog zones, a new way to provision zones on slave servers
- dyndb api, a fast new api enabling BIND to serve zones stored in a database (Developed by Petr Spacek of RedHat)
- RNDC showzone, view-only mode and other improvements
- dnstap query and response logging (Robert Edmonds is the author of dnstap, see www.dnstap.info)
- EDNS Client-subnet (authoritative server functions)
- DNSSEC key manager, a new utility (Thanks to Sebastián Castro for helping with development.)
- Automatic CDS/CDSKEY generation
- Negative Trust Anchor for DNSSEC validators
- IPv6 bias to encourage use of IPv6 DNS servers
- Minimal response to “any” queries (Thanks to Tony Finch for the contribution)
- DNS Cookies are now enabled by default, using the standardized code point
These organizations are among those supporting ISC’s Open Source mission through their ISC open source support subscriptions.
To give permission for us to include your logo here, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.